When we look back at 2015 it’s going to be the year that shapewear went back in time. The resurgence of girdles, cinchers and suspenders has been astounding. Two weeks ago we ran a blog post about shapewear and received a lot of questions regarding waist cinchers.
So today we thought we should demystify the world of ‘old fashioned shapewear’ and talk about our best selling retro waist cincher. Whether it’s the Kardashians or fashion itself that has made cinchers more popular than ever. Instagram is full of beautiful woman in old fashioned lingerie and we love it. But the beauty of a waist cincher is that it offers you the best of both worlds. Function and form.
It functions as shapewear holding your tummy in and smoothing out any lumps and bumps all the while looking beautiful, sexy and flirty. The pin up girl look of the 1950s is back in vogue.
If you’ve worn shapewear in the past (really who hasn’t) then you know how uncomfortable it can be, it often feels like you’re taking off a wetsuit everytime you visit the bathroom. A waist cincher gives the benefit of shapewear without the uncomfortable bathroom visits. Think of a waist cincher as a micro mini-skirt that your mother would never let you wear out of the house. We love waist cinchers for a few reasons.
- The look beautiful
- Suspenders and garters always enhance your look
- Comfort, our waist cinchers are not the industrial strength rearrange your vital organs kind. They’re comfortable first and foremost.
- A waist cincher is the first step on your lingerie adventure. Corsets, girdles and corselettes can come later. Sexy baby dolls and bustiers aren’t for everyone. A waist cincher is the perfect middle ground.
- A waist cincher works with any style of brief and bra. So you can still wear your favourites.
- If shaping is your greatest concern you can wear control briefs and a cincher over the top. If it’s good enough for Kim Kardashian to wear two pairs of shapewear, it’s good enough for me.
- Adjustable suspenders can be worn with countless styles of hosiery. Make a statement in a loud and brash print are be elegantly seductive with a sheer stocking.
As you can see our retro girdle also comes with the option of a matching bra. This traditional underwire bra offers great support, lift and seperation giving you a beautiful line beneath your clothing. But it’s the waist cincher that has been one of our most popular items. We’ve tweaked the cincher so it’s the ultimate in flattering lingerie for women sizes 14-28.
- The centre lace panel is deliberately no-stretch if you have a tummy you want to hold it in by ensuring the fabric in the front section is non-stretch, this is both comfortable and slimming.
- The zig zag stitching creates strong seams and the princess seams (the seams that curve with your body) add shape and lift.
- The hook and eye closure is on the front at the side so it’s easy to reach and with 3 sizing options you can start on the largest setting and work your way in or (make it looser if you’re going out to lunch!)
- The stretch fabric is powermesh. Powermesh lines swimwear and shapewear it’s incredibly strong and forgiving (it will bounce back into shape) the side panels have 2 layers of powermesh so, where you want extra strength and control you have it. Whilst the back and front panels are single layer as you don’t want or need as much control in those areas.
- The adjustable straps will attach to any style of stocking we love the flexibility this gives you.
- More flexable than shapewear.
Have I sold you? Waist cinchers are the perfect option if you want shapewear but don’t like the discomfort or if you want to up your lingerie game without going full sex-bomb! Of course as usual the best part is that we have both these items on sale. The bra and cincher are currently on sale for less then half price! At only $18 for the cincher and $16.50 for the bra. It’s cheaper than a night at the movies!
Categories: Plus Size Shaping